Friday, December 9, 2011

Trees and Such

Some works in progress from a series I have been experimenting with. A little bit of a story behind some of the images. April, my girlfriends, and I were watching a show called River Monsters, excellent show by the way, and there was a episode where the host was fishing for piranha in the Amazon. He was in a location that had once been part of the rain forest, however it had been damned further up river and the surrounding area that was once jungle had become a lake. It was a surreal landscape, as the trees had died but not fallen into the water, and it made a huge impact on me. I hope to take some of these pieces and really flesh them out to the point that I can convey the emotions I was feeling when i intitally saw the sunken forest.

Enjoy!

P.S. Also, there is a Harley Quinn image portrait I am working on I wanted to throw in!!! As well as some more whimsical images I have been reworking from some older pieces.









No comments:

Post a Comment